Image Map

Thursday 26 December 2013

Morocco || Travel

Hello there and a very Merry Christmas to you all!

I've deprived myself of blogging due to some seriously stressful Uni times. Oh the woes of final year. Looking back, I can only imagine how truly boring any blog post I wrote would have been too, so I guess I saved you all there!

Anyway, after a stressful few months, my best friend and I booked a last minute 4-day break to Marrakech, Morocco and it may have been the best idea ever.

I highly recommend that if you get the chance to visit, you definitely jump at the opportunity. Such a beautiful city and as we went in the first week of December the temperatures were in the low 20s (Celsius) which was perfect for sightseeing, hiking up mountains and camel riding.

The people there are super friendly (maybe too friendly, one marriage proposal and an offer to be bought for 6 camels later) and all of the guides who showed us round were more than happy to tell you extra bits of information which was always welcome...

And now for the pictures!:

These are the super friendly women who make Argan oil! which actually I had only heard about recently but was mind blown with all the work it takes for each tiny little bottle!


And the mint tea... Mmmmm oh boy! Amazing, and their signature drink for guests.... Nearly bought a bag from the pharmacy to bring home but 1) it looked very much like an illegal drug and I couldn't be sure it wasn't that, and 2) I realised it is SUCH a faff to make... So huge thanks to anyone out there who made me any!


The general scenery and a classic "walking into the distance" shot - thanks Freya!


We were lucky enough to go camel riding through the palm grove...

...With these little fellas!

Then in true sporting style, hiked up to the waterfalls in the Atlas Mountains... Absolute must do!

And finally this was the view we had from the roof terrace of the little Riad we stayed in! Beautiful.



I am now on a skiing holiday with family but pinky promise to keep you all in the loop better than I have been! 

Zoe xx




Let's keep up and chat | Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' |

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! To start off 2014 on a positive note I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award :) check it out here: jesstastics.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the conventional get away but defiantly one to add to the list - it looks fabulous!

    xo Danielle
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete